Family Tree Builder is free genealogy software that allows building a family tree from scratch or by using a template, featuring every family member no matter how far his/her generation goes back in time. You can even use maps to locate geographically every relative in their home country or city, or get diverse family statistics, with useful information, like how many people of your genogram were born in a specific month.
Once you are done with your creation, you can upload it to MyHeritage webpage (myheritage.com). There, the ‘Smart Matching’ function compares your genogram with the ones from other users, searching for people you might be related to. Also, the ‘Record Matching’ tool will research your family tree and will look for historic registries of your ancestors.
One of the strengths of this genealogy software is its simplicity. After the download, you will soon notice it has an intuitive interface, and identifying options won’t be difficult. The first thing you must do is start adding members. Each member will have their own detailed profile with basic information, such as name, birth date, relationship with other members, etc., along with a photo, physical description and important facts of his/her life. Besides, you can add new fields to fill in the profile and choose colors to differentiate women and men, for instance. Family Tree Builder even allows the inclusion of DNA indicators, or you can apply encryption techniques to keep your data safe.
Each member will have their own detailed profile with basic information
Then, you can choose which hierarchy view you prefer, as well as a template. In Family Tree Builder, you can also add images and take advantage of Face Recognition technology, no matter how old the photo is. Also, this software allows you to export your resulting project in a wide variety of formats, most of them compatible with genealogy databases. Similarly, you can import GEDCOM and Excel documents.
Family Tree Builder 188.8.131.52 Features
The unique features of Family Tree Builder are:
- Face Recognition technology
- Family statistics, including, for instance, how many people were born during a particular year
- Maps to indicate relatives in their country or city
- DNA Indicators
- Possibility of adding an unlimited number of people
- GEDCOM and Excel importing capabilities
- Several hierarchy view modes, from younger people to older or vice-versa
- Possibility of creating a genogram from a blank page or a template
- Possibility of using Google Maps to view cemetery locations
- Supports 40 different languages, and includes automatic name translation
- Security settings to ensure your projects are protected
If you want to know more information about this genogram maker before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site.
The minimum system requirements to download and install Family Tree Builder are:
- Operating System: Windows Me or newer
- Processor: 150 MHz or faster
- RAM Memory: 32 MB
- HDD: 320 MB of free space available