mHotspot is a free Wi-Fi creator application with which you can share your own Internet connection through your laptop. This tiny utility uses your Wireless Card to create a new Internet network for other PCs, or smartphones such as iPhone or Android based devices, including tablets. This way, with just your laptop and an Internet connection, you will grant access to up to 10 different devices with a single click.
The application uses any kind of source like Ethernet, 3G/4G or even a Data-Card in order to create a new connection based on the settings you choose. Truth be told, mHotspot does not provide advanced configurations or options, but this is actually an advantage for those users that are not used to network settings. Set the name of the new Hotspot, create a password of at least 8 characters and click Start. That’s all you need to do to start enjoying the application.
This tiny utility uses your Wireless Card to create a new Internet network for other devices
Where you have several sources of Internet connection available, you can choose which one you want to share. This way you can switch between Ethernet and Wireless connections, as long as you have these options available, and you decide which one you want to use. mHotspot allows 10 different clients to be connected to your laptop, which is enough for a home network, the main target of the application.
Once you have your new network set up with this creator, the right-sided menu will show useful information about traffic and the devices connected. Every client has their own MAC and IP address as well as their own name. In addition, the data flow checks the traffic in bytes that is sent and received. mHotspot also identifies the current connection speed so you can properly check your network status, including download and upload speeds.
One thing you have to keep in mind is that your Internet speed will also depend on the number of connected devices. This means that the more computers and smartphones that are simultaneously using your new network, the slower the connection. For this reason, you need to manage a correct number of clients to avoid saturating your bandwidth. A great feature of mHotspot is that you can use your own laptop as a repeater for other devices. If you use your PC this way, you won’t have to spend more money in additional hardware for extending your home network.
mHotspot 184.108.40.206 Features
These are the unique features you can find with mHotspot:
- Compatible with different Internet sources for enabling an additional network (Ethernet, LAN, Wi-Fi, 3G/4G among others)
- Set a new name and a personal password for your own hotspot without any kind of restriction
- mHotspot supports up to 10 different client connections to your computer, providing a correct network usage to avoid possible saturation
- The new network created is compatible with every kind of device such as the iPad, tablets, Android smartphones and computers
- It shows additional information about the traffic to and from your connection and also data about the clients connected to your PC, including their IP and MAC address
- You can set the application to be a good Wi-Fi signal repeater for your own home network in order to download content any place you are within the Wireless area
If you want to get more information about mHotspot, feel free by checking the official website.
Here you can find the system requirements for mHotspot wireless network creator before downloading the software:
- Operating System: Windows 7 and later
- Processor: 1 GHz CPU or faster
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- HDD: 1 MB free space on disk