On the other hand, Internet Explorer 9 has expanded its functions, and thanks to classic add-ons it provides downloads for free. Even though these elements are very useful, they lack for variety and you will find few add-ons on the official webpage. You can install other options, such as toolbars, if you want access more applications than just accelerators or other elements such as Bing Maps.
Safer and more complete
When you open IE9 for the first time, you will find that its user interface has changed, and it is much simpler. In this version it only shows one bar for both searching information on the web and visiting your favorite websites. The address bar is placed on the left, taking up only part of the space that is now shared with tabs you can open. The design is elegant, but its simplicity may turn off some users that have experience with more fancy programs.
Due to the growth in the malware menace, IE9 included new features for protecting users from external attacks. There is improved memory protection, including SEHOP, used to avoid buffer overflow exploits. This way the protection of your system won’t be compromised. It also includes a better SmartScreen function for protecting users against malicious webpages and general malware that you may download accidentally.
With Internet Explorer 9, the protection of your system won’t be compromised
Another important aspect of Microsoft’s new browser is the InPrivate mode, now much more enhanced. This mode allows users to visit webpages without using cookies, temporal files or saving your personal data into the computer. This mode is perfect for using public PCs, as it won’t register your activity while you’re in session.
Internet Explorer 9 9.0 (64 Bits) Features
The main features of Internet Explorer 9 are:
- All-in-one address bar for searches and visiting websites
- Allows users to pin sites directly to your Windows taskbar, allowing immediate access to your favorite pages in just one click
- Multiple tabs in a single window, each one a standalone process allowing for independent processes
- More elements to download to increasing functions, such as accelerators, add-ons and additional toolbars
- Native compatibility with advanced HTML5 tags, such as high quality audio and video, offering a better Internet experience
- Hardware-accelerated applications for processing information faster
- Security enhanced thanks to SmartScreen, which bans non-secure websites and offers better memory protection
If you want to learn more about this browser you are free to visit its
The minimum system requirements for this program are:
- Operating System: Windows Vista
- CPU: 1GHz for 32-bit and 64-bit processors
- Memory: 512MB RAM
- HDD: at least 70MB free disk space