Norton 360 is a comprehensive security suite developed by Symantec. This all-in-one software gives you control over four different areas: PC Security, Identity, Backup and PC Tuneup. Its main aim is to actively protect your system from viruses, malware, identity theft, spam and social media dangers. Among the latest features of Norton 360 are reputation analysis, performed by its Download Insight function, as well as the ability to scan your Facebook Wall and News Feed through Safe Web for Facebook, to check the safety of links shared.
This antivirus offers email protection, IM monitoring, anti-phishing filters, antispyware capabilities and safe browsing functions. Additionally, it’s possible to perform computer tune-up tasks and create backups of information on your PC in case your system crashes. However, this product created by Symantec has been criticized for being too simple for intermediate users, who claim that even though Norton 360 provides good results for everyday protection, it lacks advanced features.
How to use this high-speed program
Regarding protection and security, thanks to the Insight function, you will be able to distinguish which files and applications are safe and which ones are not. Similarly, Download Insight and IP Address Insight will warn you before you download files from low reputation websites, previously analyzed by the Scam Insight feature. Moreover, the Spam Blocking tool allows you to keep your Inbox free of unwanted and fraudulent emails, while its Anti-phishing technology performs the same function with those webpages that want to steal your personal data through phishing. Additionally, there is a useful Parental Control that blocks inappropriate sites and an Identity Safe option that automatically remembers and enters usernames and passwords for you, and prevents them from being stolen. Finally, Norton 360 includes an intelligent 2-way Firewall and an online community of Norton users who monitor threats across the globe.
When it comes to boosting performance and optimization, this antivirus has several valuable and useful features. For instance, Startup Manager allows for a faster start-up by freeing up memory, while PC Tuneup deletes unnecessary files to get more hard drive space. By using Defrag, you will be able to fix problems that were consuming speed and power. Also, Norton 360 automatically creates backups of files when you are not using your PC, storing them in local folders, in USB devices, on discs or online (online you will have 2GB space available for storage).
Norton 360 is automatically updated in all its modules. In fact, virus definitions are upgraded every 5-15 minutes thanks to the Norton Pulse feature. This program has built-in intelligence that works to maximize battery life, and an Insight + Optimized File Copy that only scans unknown files. Finally, Norton Management allows you to create a unique password to access to all cloud-based Norton applications.
Virus definitions are upgraded every 5-15 minutes thanks to the Norton Pulse feature
Norton 360 21.1.0 Features
The unique features of Norton 360 are:
- Provides a secure surfing, shopping and banking experience
- Insight feature to accurately scan files and detect dangerous ones
- Anti-phishing capabilities to prevent data theft
- Scam Insight proactively analyzes website reputation
- Deletion of unwanted emails thanks to Spam Blocking
- Startup Manager and PC Tuneup to boost computer performance
- Automatic and silent updates - virus definitions are upgraded every 5-15 minutes
- Identity Safe remembers and enters usernames and passwords automatically to avoid theft
- Parental Control to block user access to certain websites
- Norton Management creates one password for all cloud-based Norton services
- Intelligent Firewall
- It detects, stops and removes any threat before it enters your system
- Cleans up the hard drive to free up space
- It automatically creates backups of all your archives, providing 2GB for online storage
- Notifications to warn you about suspicious content and social media scams
If you want to read more information about this antivirus, feel free to visit the developer’s site.
System Requirements for downloading and installing this software
The minimum system requirements for using this Symantec product are:
- Operating System: Windows XP or newer
- Processor: 300 MHz or faster CPU
- RAM: 256 MB
- HDD: 300 MB