How to Use
XnView is a user friendly program for photo management. The graphics interface is divided into different tabs and can be integrated in a Windows browser. The program has multiple similarities with different programs in the field, such as ACDSee, which shares most of the functionalities and the keyboard shortcuts with XnView, or Picasa.
XNView is able to read 500 different image formats
The most remarkable feature of this software is the unbeatable amount of file extension supports that it can read and export. Also, the XnView can be completed with different plug-ins and add-ons totally free. We can find XnRetro, a program that adds vintage effects, vignettes, and noise to our pictures, and you can even add one of the 28 frames the program offers. And XnSketch is unique software that allows you to sketch your pictures and turn them into cartoons.
XnView has three different versions: the minimal version with a minimum amount of features; the standard version, which is translated into all languages, and includes jpeg2000 plugins and photomasque, paint and xmp add-ons; and the extended version with all plug-ins, add-ons and some extras. Depending on the uses you need, the different versions use up more or less space on our computer. There are also different versions for mobile devices, and an enhanced version for different computer platforms with optimized performance and world-wide compatibility. All of these versions are also freeware, and can be easily downloaded from the official website.
XnView 2.36 Features
Check the newest XnView features below:
- Multiple browsing, organizing and photo viewing options
- All the image editing tools you need
- Read support for over 500 image formats
- Screen Capture module and Twain & WIA interface for image capture
- 70 export formats supported
- Printing module
- Batch processing and rename
- Duplicate File Finder
- IPTC – Metadata editing and support
For more information about this software, before download, please check the developers' website .
Before you download, please check that your computer fits the minimum system requirements:
- Operating system: Windows XP with Service Pack 3 installed
- RAM: at least 128 MB
- Hard Drive: a minimum of 20MB free HDD space
- Fast and agile software
- Huge amount of editing tools
- Multiple plug-ins and add-ons
- Freeware for non-commercial uses
- The interface needs to be polished
- Not as powerful as ACDSee or Picasa