GoldWave, developed by GoldWave Inc., is an audio editor aimed at both professionals and beginners alike. GoldWave's interface is very flexible and customizable and offers users all the graphic information they need to record, create, play, edit, mix and process audio; even a Spectrum filter to control the frequency and tone.
You can work in GoldWave importing, recording or creating sounds, and even extracting audio from a movie. You can also edit and process the resulting audio file. GoldWave offers the option of making an automatic and continuous recording. It includes MP3 encoders and decoders, so you can save or create MP3 documents. It offers some advanced options, such as one to transcribe text automatically by talking directly into the microphone.
How to use
GoldWave works with three kinds of window display: the Main Window, the Control Window and the Sounds Windows. If you open each file in GoldWave in a separate Sound Window, it is also displayed in the main window. The principal window supports several documents open at once. The Control Window contains realtime visuals, playback buttons, and sound device controls.
transcribe text with the automatic function by talking directly into the microphone
When you work on a single audio file in GoldWave, you can zoom in or out to see more wave details. You can make stereo or mono editions, or even just editing one channel. GoldWave provides the option of adding markers and cue points, which are useful to select the start and the finish area to reproduce. It also enables batch processing, enabling you to process a series of effects in one pass.
Create your own sounds with Expression Evaluator tool; chain many effects together with Effect Chain Editor Tool; and then edit and remaster. GoldWave provides non-destructive sound editing functions with which you will be able to trim, overwrite, replace, dice, slice and merge large audio files; mix, crossfade songs, whip audios to other multimedia files, etc.
GoldWave 5.69 Features
These are the relevant features of this download:
- A graceful interface. GoldWave is easy to use, supports multiple documents at the same time, and allows the configuration of keyboard and customization of the program to the user’s preferred workflow.
- Player functionalities. Control Window offers classic buttons to play music and even to accelerate or decrease the playback speed.
- Recording performances. With GoldWave you can record sounds or music from an online reproduction, a microphone, the line-in of a CD or DVD player, and even from external media like vinyl LPs or cassettes.
- Editing functions. It offers the basic and non-destructive edition commands and keyboard shortcuts.
- Process audio effects and pre-set effects. GoldWave includes many filters and effects, from a simple EQ, reverb or flanger, to filters that allow audio restoration.
- File format plugins. If you want to expand these complete capabilities and expand the built-in effects, you can add plugins to do that. It supports DirectX and VST effects.
- Remaster old vinyl and tape records . Add special filters like Noise Reduction or Pop/Click and some effects to take out the hiss, eliminate the buzz, and extract clicks and crackle.
- Analyze the wave. GoldWave displays the spectra with realtime visuals and bar graphs, waveforms, signal analysis, level meters, spectrographic oscilloscopes and visual plug-ins, among others.
- Potent tools. Support advanced tools, such as Speech Converter tool with Text-to-Speech, Speech Recognition, and Transcription Foot Pedal control. Includes a File Splitter and File Merger.
- Batch processing. The multiprocessor of GoldWave allows the batch conversion of entire folders and subfolders. With the File Merger tool, you are able to join many files together.
- GoldWave supports and processes an unlimited number of files and formats. GoldWave supports raw binary data and FLAC, iTunes Plus, VOX, M4A, AU, WAV, AIFF, WMA, OGG and MP3.
- Very customizable. You can configure almost any function and effect, even the appearance of Control Properties windows. Create presets for effects.
- Customer services available. GoldWave has a detailed built-in Help, an HTML manual and free upgrades.
If you want more information about GoldWave before you download it, feel free to check the authors’ website
The minimum system requirements for a correct download and installation of GoldWave are:
- Operating system: Windows XP (24 bit)
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV of 1.5 GHz
- RAM memory: 256 MB
- A sound card is required
- HDD space: 20 MB of free space
GoldWave is a comprehensive audio editor which enables the user to save time with its batch processing functions, and its complete wave graphics that make easier the edition and the application of filters and effects.