MP3DirectCut is a fast freeware developed by Mpesch3, to carry out your own audio editing. With this tool, you will be able to manipulate your songs or audio files in a fast and easy manner. Splitting a song or extracting a portion of a music file is possible in just a few clicks.
This software preserves the original quality of your audio files
It provides utilities to copy, cut, paste, change some values like the gain or volume, and to record compressed MP3 files. You can work on different tracks at the same time because it allows batch processing, and you needn’t worry about the encoding process, because this software preserves the original quality of your audio files. Besides its simplicity, this program has a certain range of flexibility: you can configure some settings, such as the MP3 encoder.
How to use
The processes are simple: open the music file to edit, make the changes you want on the file, save them, and export your files in MP3 format. MP3DirectCut dispenses with drop-down menus and drag capabilities, with direct buttons and a nice resolution and comfortable graphics, which make the editing process easier.
This software also includes an audio recorder that creates an MP3 audio file directly from the input: a CD player, your sound card or a microphone. To split long sound files, the program has a number of algorithms and Unicode files such as cue sheets, auto cue and pause detection.
mp3DirectCut 2.21 Features
These are some of the features of this program:
- Editing tools. As well as the classics editing tools, MP3DirectCut enables you to manage the gain level, create fade in/out, and normalize batch processing, among others
- Non-destructive editing functions. This means that if you do actions like copy, trim, crop or change part of the track, it will not affect the source audio file
- Useful and easy graphics. Enables visualization of the the bit rate and the timeline in the sound graph. You can make a quick MPEG visualization and work with precision on the wave
- Unicode supports. Unicode is a standard codification that enables text processing and includes track splitting with autocue or pause detection, as well as the generation or editing of ID3 type tags, specifically ID3v1.1, like filename or music genre.
- Some functionality. Mp3DirectCut enables fast MP3 recording with the encoder ACM or Lame, and supports AAC and MP3 formats
- It allows batch processing like the functions Save or Split.
- The display includes some playback options during the editing process, like Fast Play and Loop Play.
If you want know more about this software before you download it, feel free to check the developer’s website
The minimum system requirements for a correct download and installation are the following:
- Operating System: Windows XP or later
- Processor: Pentium of 500 MHz or similar
- RAM Memory: 128 MB
- HDD Space: 16 MB of free space
- Others: a sound card
Mp3DirectCut is a download ideal for those who want a free audio editor. A simple interface, easy-to-use but very useful, this software allows for non-destructive audio editing. Although it basically works with mp3 as a unique format, it has built-in tools for visualization, compression, encoding, recording, batch processing, among others, of your music or audio files.