Intellij IDEA is an integrated development environment focused on Java programming. It keeps current with Java latest product versions, and is designed to support a wide number of targets, tools and frameworks, and to automate the coding process as much as possible. From the first moment you download this editor, it provides a fully-featured set of tools without needing plugins. It is intended to assist developers in their work rather than getting in their way.
This editor knows your code; that’s why it can provide you with relevant suggestions using its on-the-fly code analysis, clever and instant code completion, refactoring tools and easy project navigation. From the beginning it contains essential tools such as version control systems and a broad range of programming languages such as Java, Groovy, PHP, SQL, Scala, Kotlin, Clojure, Phyton, Ruby, MySQL, and many others.
There are repetitive and tedious tasks in the development process that Intellij IDEA automates, so that programmers can focus their attention on other aspects, whichallows for increased productivity. It integrates unit testing frameworks, version-control systems, database editor, UML designer, changelists, diff, visual merge and other build-in developer tools.
From the first moment it provides a fully-featured set of tools
Intellij IDEA is providing increasingly intelligent features for Web development programming languages. Developing mobile platforms become easier using AIR Mobile support and Google for Android tools. There is a comfortable and configurable debugger that can show local variables even when there isn’t debug information. There are many free plugins available that you can download to make this editor more complete.
Intellij IDEA has a distinctive approach and useful keyboard shortcuts to attract the attention of the programmers. It helps you to write code and find design shortcomings and problems much quicker than it would take working with other editors, so helping to improve your productivity. Like any other IDE, this editor takes some time to learn how to use it and obtain the best performance.
There are many free tutorials and how-tos about the different languages supported. The “quick start in 30 days” gives you detailed information about the features of this editor. There is documentation about how to get started that you can download easily, and also video demonstrations of different interesting aspects.
IntelliJ IDEA 12.1.6 Build 129.1359 Features
- IntelliJ IDEA incorporates intelligent code assistance for frameworks and the supported programming languages
- It supports several languages such as Java, PHP, SQL, Ruby, Groovy, Scala, Kotlin, and others.
- Offers advanced support for significant standards and Web frameworks
- IntelliJ IDEA is an ideal environment for mobile platforms and agile development
- It provides version control, database, UML designer and build tools
- It incorporates an out-of-the-box toolkit for enterprise development
- IntelliJ IDEA includes support for the different programming languages
- There is a plugin manager to make handling their installation and updating easier
- The UI incorporates Lends mode and Search Everywhere action to find your data faster. There is more valuable screen space because the tool window buttons and the toolbar are hidden.
- IntelliJ IDEA includes a refined Gradle support
For more information about IntelliJ IDEA you can visit the official website
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit or 64-bit)
- RAM: 1 GB
- HDD: 300 MB of free space
- Screen resolution: 1024x768
- JDK 1.6 or higher