Developed by VSevenSoft, MKV Player is a freeware application for playing movies. Although its name mentions the format MKV, this download allows the reproduction of many top popular playable video formats. It is handy and very simple, but with all the basic functions for the playback of any file. This program has been designed to work well but in a simple way, so it can play heavy files on any PC, even if it is an older model.
If you need to play MKV files or a simple multimedia file, MKV Player is a nice option, but austere enough. If you are looking for a highly-featured player, this software is maybe not the most appropriate, because it doesn’t include advanced options. It works with drag-and-drop functionalities and by double clicking on files to play them.
How to use
The interface consists of a single window for playback loaded with basic buttons. It works with drop-down menus and drag capabilities. You can drag the movie you want to play from the storage folder to the player window and watch it. During the playing, if you change the screen’s size the aspect ratio of the video will automatically be adjusted to the window form. It also offers full-screen reproduction.
Drag the movie from the storage folder to the player window
MKV Player offers the following playback buttons: Open, Play, Stop, Change Ratio, and a little Volume fader. It also has some extra buttons such as: Keep on Top, Frame Step, File Association, Switch Audio, Switch Subtitle, and Keyboard Help. If you need to contact the developer, you can press the Home Page button or Screenshot button. If you want to create a playlist, there is a Show Playlist button.
MKV Player 2.1.13 Features
These are some of the features of MKV Player 2.1.12:
- MKV Player supports most common multimedia formats: MP4, AVI, MP3, MPEG, MOV and MKV.
- Control the screen size. You can watch your movie on fullscreen, or adapt the window to your preference manually.
- Organize your favorite clips by creating editable playlists.
- The player has a built-in search engine that finds specific video clips from within the list.
- It supports subtitles. If the clip has different subtitles available, you can choose the option of your own language.
If you want know more about this software before you download it, feel free to check the
The minimum system requirements for download and installation are:
- Operating system: Windows XP or later
- Processor: CPU of 2.4 GHz
- RAM memory: 1 GB
- HDD Space: 6.6 MB of free space
MKV allows you to play MKV and some others files without the installation of extra codecs. With a user-friendly interface, this free program will allow you to manage all playback functions, such as subtitle organization, either with the mouse or with keyboard shortcuts.