Tor Browser is an Internet application designed for protecting your personal information and keeping users anonymous to all kinds of spyware. The main benefit of this program is the fact thatit grants a safe connection to the Tor Network service, with a strong level of security enabled. Tor Browser offers multiple tools for securing your connection and helping you to keep your browser clean and free from external spies.
This Tor Browser version is based on Mozilla Firefox, using the same interface and a similar way of working, with even a market service to download extensions to increase its functionality. The main target of Tor is to avoid traffic analysis. This ensures that your connection is not compromised, by assigning a dynamic IP address that changes any time you connect to Tor Network.
Tor Browser provides multiple tools for securing your Internet connection.
Through the included Vidalia Control Panel, you can activate Tor connection and change the settings of the application. It will also show you the bandwidth used since the software was activated. If you want to change your identity while you are surfing the Internet, all you need to do is click on “Use a New Identity” and your IP address will change automatically, avoiding the need for advanced configurations.
Why should I use this program?
Nowadays, the Internet is the most important source of information, in all possible senses. Your Internet activity can be analysed and your own privacy exposed, letting third parties obtain your personal data easily. Tor Browser enables an advanced routing process for protecting you against these kinds of menaces, thus improving your privacy. Thanks to that, your private messages and sensitive information won’t be traceable or detectable. As well as that, thanks to this software your physical location won’t be revealed to the websites you visit.
Tor Browser is a portable application that does not need to be installed on your system in order for it to run properly. Additionally, this Tor software does a pretty good job of handling cookies from any website, allowing you to establish filters against them if you don’t trust the webpage not to gather information about you.
On a negative note, Tor Browser slows down your browsing and downloading speed, but it is scarcely noticeable. This is a tiny price to pay in order to significantly improve your own security and privacy against external parties looking for your personal information. Tor Browser is pretty popular around the world due to its features, and the possibility of preserving your anonymity, which makes it perfect for business people and journalists as well as general users.
Tor Browser 5.0.4 Features
These are the unique features that Tor Browser provides once you download it:
- It provides complete information about your Internet activity as well as letting you easily set filters against cookies for non-trusted websites
- It provides anonymous Internet surfing as well as generating a new identity whenever you feel it necessary for your safety, through the Tor Network Service known as Onion Routing
- It’s a portable application that doesn’t need to be installed on your system in order for it to run properly with all its features
- It provides the possibility of connecting to proxies with different security levels to enhance your security
- Tor Browser includes an option called HTTPS Everywhere, which encrypts your personal information on major webpages
If you want to get more information about this application, you are welcome to check its developers’ site.
These are the software’s system requirements:
- Operating system: Windows XP or later
- CPU: 200 MHz or faster
- Memory: 32 MB of RAM
- HDD: 26 MB free space on disk