DmC: Devil May Cry is a hack and slash videogame developed by Ninja Theory and published by Capcom. This release is available for Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It is set in an alternative storyline to the original Devil May Cry series. We play the role of Dante, a young man with supernatural powers that is attacked by demons coming from a hidden city known as Limbo.
This remake of the franchise makes this game one of the most criticized titles in videogaming history. Fans complained about Dante’s new look and personality. However, we found those statements to be over exaggerated. Dante is now a careless man with sociopathic tendencies and highly outgoing, and we enjoyed this new character a lot. The title keeps the playability seen in previous installments and it has an elaborated plot that helps players immerse themselves in a new city with new characters, enemies and missions.
The story begins with Dante, a man that has lost all memories about who he is. All he recalls is that he was tortured in a prison known as hellfire when he was a teenager. Now he fights for survival, trying not to get killed, either by demons or humans. Dante is recovering from a hangover when he is attacked by a Hunter Demon. He gets pulled into another dimension and the is city turned into a dark, twisted place known as Limbo (following Silent Hill’s style). This dimension is a parody on modern society; the city is upside down and it is inhabited and governed by demons and other creatures that will try their best to eliminate Dante as soon as they see him, through cameras placed all around the city.
You will have to master Dante’s new powers and weapons, such as Angel Mode and Demon Mode.
You will have to master Dante’s new powers and weapons to complete missions successfully. As in previous installments of the saga, you will be free to perform long combo attacks with your loyal Rebellion sword, and shoot down your enemies using your twin pistols, Ebony and Ivory. You will also find new elements such as moveset modifiers for Dante: Angel Mode and Demon Mode. Angel mode will allow Dante to use Osiris or Aquila instead of his regular sword. Osiris is a fast scythe that will let you perform long aerial combos. Aquila are shurikens that will make things easier when you face a large horde of demons, as they can hit multiple targets in a single stroke. Demon Mode allows you to use Arbiter, a heavy fire axe and Eryx, a pair of gauntlets with devastating power.
DmC: Devil May Cry Full Version Features
Here are some of the features of DmC: Devil May Cry before you download it:
- Re-imagined universe: enjoy a new storyline, new missions and battle against the powerful Mundus
- Angel or Demon: fly across the battlefield using Angel Mode or pull your enemies towards you in Demon Mode
- Supernatural arsenal: perform almost infinite combos using the Osiris scythe or smash demons to the ground thanks to the fire axe Arbiter, among many other weapons
- Stylish destruction: perform different combos and use different weapons to reach Sss-ensational!!! in the style meter
- Show off your skills: complete the game again in different unlockable difficulty modes, such as Son of Sparda, Heaven or Hell, Dante Must Die or, if you are brave enough, Hell and Hell
If you are interested in DmC: Devil May Cry and want further information before you download it, feel free to check the official website.
The minimum system requirements to download and run this game are:
- Operating System: Windows XP or higher
- Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or better
- RAM Memory: 2 GB or higher
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS or better
- Hard Disk: 9 GB free space available